I would consider myself an expert on Las Vegas at this point. I mean, I have gone there twice this year. That’s pretty impressive right?!
Don’t worry. I totally don’t have a gambling problem. I’m not even a big gambler. I’m tight with my money, yo. I’m the girl that bets the minimum amount and gets up and leaves if I lose $30. I’m never going to be a big winner.
And that’s perfectly alright with me.
Of course, I’m never going to win big on the lottery if I don’t buy a ticket. I should probably start working on that.
Anyway, I figured that I should probably share some of my infinite wisdom about Vegas for the enjoyment of my readers.
- Don’t just gamble. Spend time visiting the exhibits and see the sights. Obviously, gambling can be very expensive if you play for an extended amount of time. Duh. Isn’t my infinite wisdom amazing?
- If you gamble- get a players card. The casinos track your play and will give you free things. On the last day of your trip, talk to the people at the front desk. If you played a significant amount, they may give you complementary rooms. Win or lose, they want you to come back to Vegas. Take advantage of that.
- Skip the buffets. They are super easy, but the other restaurants are much nicer and the food is generally better.
- Don’t wear your cowboy boots when you go walking. Stick to reasonable, comfortable shoes. Everything on the strip is much further away then it looks.
- Expect to see some very weird stuff in Vegas. When we were there in January, we actually saw five nuns walking down the strip. I have no idea what they were doing in Sin City, but there were there.
- Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas… except for Herpes. (I love The Hangover.)
I think that’s really all the Vegas advice I have right now… Have you been? If so, feel free to leave some advice in the comments section. I always like comments!
As always, thanks for visiting!