There are only three-hundred and six days until our wedding. Right now,that seems like forever, but I know it will be here before I realize it. I’m slowly making plans and figuring out how to make our special day perfect.
- Our wedding colors are going to be dark purple and silver. My four bridesmaids have completely different personalities and body types. To avoid conflict, I have decided to let them all pick their own dress. That way, everyone will be happy. Ashley soon informed me that the Kardashians had done it, so I figured that must be the cool way to roll.
- Last week, we decided on a caterer. The meal is going to consist of Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Salad, Green Beans, a Hot Roll, and some kind of pie. Plus Wedding Cake. (And probably a large amount of liquor for many of the guests.) One of Colby’s favorite foods is Chicken Fried Steak and it just fits for our “country” wedding. Plus, the price was right at $10 a plate.
- We reserved the church a couple of weeks ago. Our preacher acted a little sketchy though and I left the meeting feeling like he hadn’t agreed to officiate. Last week, he announced that he would be leaving in June. Right now, we don’t know who will be officiating– I guess our new preacher? Colby has a family friend who has done several of his cousins weddings, so we might ask him. This is all up in the air right now.
- I found our wedding invitations last week. They are perfect.
- I’m considering using a little girl for our Ring Bearer. All the little boys in our family are infants now, but we have several girls of the right age. Jamey has already demanded to be the Flower Girl, so I just need to find someone to walk with her. Would it be weird to have a little girl as the Right Bearer?
- Wedding photographers are expensive. The other day, I decided to totally blow our budget and shell out $2000 for a really good photographers. I’ve heard repeatedly to make sure that I have great photography, and I’m going to follow that little piece of advice.
What do you think of my plans so far? Feel free to chip in with any advice. I would love to hear second opinions.